To start December, I am thrilled to introduce you to my friend, Kelly Balarie. This woman is a visionary and a motivator, and I am so glad I met her in the world of blogging several months ago. Kelly’s writing cuts through any pretense and fluff and takes you straight to her heart for God, leaving you with a new sense of purpose and passion for Him.
Kelly, often called a “Cheerleader of Faith”, encourages other to live with passion and purpose. While Kelly has suffered through various mental, physical and financial trials, she has found God’s unique plan in these dark places. Her greatest desire is to come alongside others who are struggling, so they may realize God has been holding their hand the whole time. When Kelly isn’t writing on her blog, Purposeful Faith, tweeting or posting on Facebook, you will find her devouring yummy food with her husband, laughing with her toddlers or searching online for her next travel destination.
Do you ever look for a blessing? Maybe life has kicked you while you’re down and you need a pick-me-up. Or, maybe nothing exciting has happened in your life for a while? Or maybe you feel you deserve something good.
We all want blessings. And, we serve a God who delights in giving good things. He loves us like a father. He wants to bestow his love & his gift. It doesn’t get much better than being blessed by the Lord.
But, if we want to be blessed, we are wise to take a look at our part in the process. What are values that the Lord loves to bless?
- He loves to bless those who are righteous. Who obey and follow his law. Do you know his law? Do you keep it near to your heart so you can call on it throughout your day? God wants you to be near to him and when we follow his law, we follow Him. It is a joy.
Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! (Psalm 119:1)
- He blesses those who are who they say they are. Those who not only profess to believe in Jesus with their mouth – but who also follow him with their heart. Incline your heart to the one who knows you, who loves you, who wants to be your closest friend and ally. The more you know him; the closer you will be- and the closer you are the more you will feel his presence in your life.
Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! (Psalm 119:2)
- A pure heart is holy ground for the Lord’s presence. A pure heart has authentic motives, dealings and desires. Your heart must be guarded. Read more about guarding your heart in this blog post, “3 Ways to Guard your Heart”.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)
- Do you leave peace in your wake? Do others feel refreshed for having talked with you? Do you fill your mind with peaceful things? We are blessed when we go forth in peace.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. (Matthew 5:9)
- Be humble. Being humble is hard. We live life walking in our own shoes, so we have a hard time walking in other’s. But, when we do – and we look to serve, exalt and love ourself last – God puts us first. He will bless us with it ALL – for all eternity.
God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. (Matthew 5:5)
BONUS: Read Matthew 5 for even more ways to be blessed!
We all want to be blessed. And, God has a never ending supply of blessings to pour on us. We just have to get our minds set straight on our “blessing expectations”. You see, when we expect a certain blessing and we don’t get what we want, we go from earthly “expectation” to spiritual “demotivation”. We feel upset at what we didn’t get. We feel distanced from God and we feel angry.
But, God doesn’t bless us based on what we want, he blesses us based on what he knows we need.
He gives us what will fill the deepest areas of our soul, what will bring us to him, what will provide lasting joy and what will provide unending peace. He is greater than our wish-lists, more powerful than our material goods and more amazing than any earthly reward. He knows what we need before we even voice it.
He may bless us just as we originally hoped – or he may bless us beyond what our mind could ever conceive or imagine.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us… (Eph. 3:20)
No matter – KNOW – and BELIEVE – that God will bless you when you SEEK him, above all, with all of your heart, with all of your soul and with all of your might.You are so loved, so adored and so admired – by the one who knows you inside and out. He looks at you and wants to pour his blessings over your head. Believe in his promises – and seek him in righteousness.
“Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” (Luke 1:45)